As an attorney, your expertise is the law. But sometimes your clients need an objective assessment of a different nature. Perhaps there is concern about cognitive impairment, or disagreements among family members about an elder’s ability to live independently.
As a care manager, we can assist you by bringing our expertise to the table. We can help you by providing guidance for those difficult familial and emotional situations.
Give us a call when you need:
- Expert evaluations and visitor reports required for court documentation
- Recommendations for appropriate care options (e.g., in home, assisted living or skilled nursing facilities)
- Coordination of services from multiple providers
- Knowledgeable advocacy with physicians, hospitals, facilities and insurers
- On-going care management in collaboration with a legal guardian or conservator
- Facilitation of family meetings and communication with long-distance relatives
- Quick response to urgent situations
Professional, objective yet caring assessments can help you increase client satisfaction and untangle tense family situations. Let’s talk! 949-716-1266
Legal Nurse Consultant Kari Buist-Baker is the Founder of Senior Life Management, Inc. Over the course of her career, she has reviewed over 4,000 medical records and developed thousands of care management plans. She provides practical, insider knowledge of the healthcare system that will assist you to develop an effective courtroom strategy and achieve a positive result for your client.
No other Legal Nurse Consultant brings the depth of experience and understanding of complex cases involving neurological disorders including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, catastrophic injury and elder abuse. A Certified Gerontologist, Certified Geriatric Care Manager and a Nationally Certified Case Manager (CCMC), Ms. Buist-Baker is a Licensed RN with exceptional clinical skills and knowledge. Her extensive experience as a Nationally Certified Case Manager and her expertise in health care will make her a valuable part of your litigation team. In addition, she has received intensive training in medical records review and preparation for the court system.