In many ways, when we age we are the same as we’ve always been. But also, things change. You are wise to acknowledge that.
Learn all you can so you can make this journey of aging your own.
Bookmark this page!
This e-library website is designed to help you learn more and feel empowered as you grow older:
- Insights on Aging
Straight talk about changes in this later part of the life cycle. Learn about its challenges, its unexpected rewards, and ways you can thrive and find meaning in the process.
- Staying Independent
Articles to help you avoid or delay the most common setbacks.
- Important Documents
Legal, financial and health care planning that assists you to communicate your wishes.
Want a guide for the journey?
As the Orange County experts in aging well, we can help you avoid common pitfalls. We know the medical system, and we know local programs and service options. We also understand the challenges of aging families! Give us a call at 949-716-1266 to find out more about how we can make the journey of aging easier.
Here are some ways we can help:
- Advocate for you with doctors. The medical system is its own labyrinth. We know it well! Working with you to establish your goals of care, we can be sure that you and your interests are always at the center of the decision-making.
- Provide peace of mind for everyone who is involved. If you have children, they may be anxious about your safety. But in their desire to help, they can sometimes get a little overzealous. Alternatively, you may have a spouse you are worried about, but you aren’t sure how bad things are or aren’t. For that matter, you may have worries about your own situation. Having an objective, experienced professional in the picture eases everyone’s concerns. Following an initial assessment, we can provide you with a credible plan for addressing any problems you may have now, or any that may be on your near-term horizon. Everyone will rest easier!
- Coordinate care. There are many different types of support services available. As the local experts in aging well, we can guide you to the best providers for your situation. We can also help to manage multiple different providers to be sure they are in good communication and working together toward the same goals—yours!
- Provide emotional support. As Bette Davis so aptly observed, “Aging ain’t no place for sissies.” There are certainly losses that come with aging. But there are also strengths that emerge. And many creative ways to move through this stage of life with grace, good humor, and increased satisfaction. We can help you keep joy, meaning and quality of life at the forefront of your journey.
- Ease the burden of common ailments. Whether it’s memory problems, managing multiple diseases, or frequent hospitalizations, we’ve been there with our clients. Through thick and thin, we can support you to stay as healthy as possible. We can also offer many real-world non-medical suggestions that make the difference between a lousy day, or one where you actually get to do things you like to do.
- Save you money. We can help you find local services that are best suited to your needs and your pocketbook. You could be eligible for programs you are not aware of. Or there may be duplication in your current coverage that can be trimmed out to lower your expenses.
- Make sure your wishes are followed. Whether it’s medical decisions, or financial decisions, if something happens to you and you need a professional third party to act on your behalf, we can fill that role and faithfully implement your plans.
You don’t need to do this alone. If you would like more information on ways we can help you through the aging process, give us a call at 949-716-1266.